Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ski Revelstoke Resort

I swear that there has to be some explanation for why getting hit in the face with snow is actually enjoyable. You should be getting pissed off… especially in the trees when you need to see where you’re going and the stuff is just sticking to your goggles. Sometimes you’re gasping for air cause your legs are on fire and you can’t help choking on it. Somehow, the converse is true, getting a face shot is great…it’s like a good joke and when I get one I find myself skiing out the run laughing about how awesome it was. Nick and I were up at Revelstoke Mountain Resort this past Sunday, and in following tradition, it was another good time. If you’re looking to get some pow turns this season I would advise that you check it out. Revy now has a new chair that accesses tons of glades that adds even more terrain to what is already a sweet area. Go up for a day, or stay the night in Revelstoke and ski both days…or don’t, you might never leave. I would call it a 2-2.5hr drive depending on the road conditions (which you should check out ahead of time www.drivebc.ca). Revelstoke Mountain Resort, http://www.revelstokemountainresort.com/revelstokemtn/info/lift.aspx

By Dylan Cunningham